Jana is a founder and a partner of our law firm. From 1994 to 1997 she worked in the distinguished Austrian law office DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach and spent more than 9 years working for the renowned international legal firm FRESHFIELDS BRUCKHAUS DERINGER. In the course of this period, she actively participated in significant projects relating to strategic and monopoly enterprise privatization as well as to transactions concerning restructuralization or corporation of numerous foreign investors in Slovakia.
In her extensive professional carrier, she gained profound knowledge and became an expert in various areas of law including mainly commercial and corporate law, as well as real estate law.
She provides legal services especially to our German-speaking clients and assists them with various types of their legal problems in the field of commercial, civil and family law.
Currently she also focuses on the area of international inheritance law within which she represents mainly foreign clients in complicated inheritance proceedings.
During my many years of experience working for leading international law firms I always longed to build my own family law firm and start as a first generation with the tradition of family business. This dream came true in 2013 when both of my daughters joined our law firm. I truly believe that this element of family interconnection ensures our clients the highest possible degree of confidentiality, discretion, flexibility and work stability.
She is an author and co-author of many publications and articles from the area of employment, media and competition law and regularly publishes articles on the legal forum anwalt.de, in which she explains the specifics of the Slovak legal environment for German-speaking clients.
Jana was a president of the Swiss-Slovak chamber of commerce in the year 2018 and before that she was active as its long-time vice-president.
She currently holds the position of president of the association SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL Club Bratislava, the world’s largest women’s volunteer service organization.
- Labour Law in Europe, Publisher Dr. Otto Schmidt Köln
- Processing of the articles/contributions for the professional paper IRIS- (Institute for European Media Law EMR) on the current development status of the field of audio-visual media
- Participation and elaboration of the paper “Media Market Definitions – Comparative Legal Analysis” for the European Commission
- Participation and elaboration of the paper “Berufs- und Ausbildungsrecht Rechtsanwälte, Anwaltsrecht in EU-Beitrittsländern”.
- Labour Law in Europe, 3rd edition (2011), Publisher Dr. Otto Schmidt Köln.
University of Comenius in Bratislava, Faculty of Law
Slovak Bar Association
Main areas of practise::
international inheritance law, civil and family law, real estate law